5th gear...

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: 5th gear...
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:25:58 -0500
Ok, I want to officially say "I'm an idiot!".  ( HEY!  Stop agreeing out there
already! haha!)  I thought I checked that gear when it was out, but I don't
know what the hell I was looking at to determine that I had a splined 5th
gear.   I just got back from the tranny shop and what do you know...  it's not
splined!  In fact, its one of those pressed in hunks of junk that was already
showing signs of slippage!    The Roadster Gods in their infinite wisdom,
decided to loosen the mainshaft nuts before I could ruin that lovely expensive
gear.  I'm sure they are now smiling down upon me as I publically declare my
ignorance before you all.    Luckily, the shop can modify the gear correctly
and I should be back in business shortly.    I look forward to joining you all
again on the roads!

Peace!!
Eric