Re: 5spd transmissions/Parts availability

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 5spd transmissions/Parts availability
From: geegc@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:53:48 -0400
Seeems to me that all this talk about 240Z and Roadster tranny swaps is off the
point.  As parts get less and less available, the solution is not to find a 30
year old part to replace a 38 year old part, but to find someting much newer
and more readily and cheaply avalable, say figuring out how to use a 1990 Miata
5 speed in a Roadster, or dropping an entire Miata drive train into the
Roadster, or using a Ford steering box to replace the NLA boxes for our cars.

Someone with more skill and time than I could probably make a minor career out
of swaps like that, and help keep our old cars running for another 20 years, by
which time our kids will be lusting after "antiques" like the current 350Zs!

Gary C
red red black