Wiring Harness

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring Harness
From: <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:41:31 -0400
I have a brand new NISSAN wiring harness setup for a 1970.

I am also planning on a 50 to 80 amp alternator mod.

I am not putting the ampmeter back in, instead a voltmeter will go in the hole.

I'm going to things like brighter lights, fan, fogs, etc and will be putting in
relays to operate said items and any stock items I can think of in the process.

I have read that the stock harness won't handle the bigger alternators.

My question for you electrical engineers and others in the know is:

Factually, what is it about the stock wiring harness that causes its failure
when using a larger alternator? Is it the wire size? I'd rather not build a new
one and I don't want to do a work around.

Thanks!

SlowBoy (Emphassis on the "SLOW")