L20 B conversion, anyone?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: L20 B conversion, anyone?
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 07:20:07 -0400
I have a pair of L20 B drivetrains here. one is a 36k original mile '78
drivetrain, so lower compression head than earlier engines. the other is an
earlier L20 B that is already in a datsun roadster. interesting thing, that
one has starter on the left, the truck engine has starter on the right...
roadster has a ratty hood on it to protect the engine, no front fenders,
body nothing to write home about but at the same time I've seen folks repair
much, much worse... I actually bought it and kept it all these years for the
body, not the drivetrain... and that's why no front fenders...but if you
would like to do an L20 B conversion, or would like the engines for a 510
maybe, I'll take $650 for the whole package- 2 engines, 2 transmissions, and
the roadster the one is in. I'm keeping the wheels that are on the roadster
at the moment, will come with maypops on steel wheels. if no interest on the
list, I'll put the engines on eBay and see if the 510 crowd has an interest.
I got the car with a bill of sale from a boneyard years ago and still have
the receipt, so no title but you could likely obtain one. please respond
offline if interested. for those who don't know, I'm in Virginia. the
roadster is a '70 2000.

Craig
mostly roadsters