Diesel Truck/KA(240SX)

To: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Diesel Truck/KA(240SX)
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:44:31 -0700
Update.

I picked up a low milage (135,000KMS-84,000miles) 1990, 240SX transmission
because I wasn't sure about the ratios in the truck tranny, and the newer
shifting mechanism is supposed to be better.

Comparing them, the 240 tranny is longer. BUT I got a tape measure out to
measure the actual shifter position and the 240 tran. looks to be exactly the
same as the roadster @ ~31.5" from the front face of the bellhousing to the
centre of the shifter. The truck shifter position is actually about 2"
shorter. I never noticed the difference between the roadster and truck because
the roadster shift mechanism is missing the pin and was flopped forward, when
put in it's proper place it actually hangs out past the end of the tranny.

I have been told by the transmission mechanic that the two bellhousings can be
swapped. Won't know for sure till next week.

Using the 240/truck combination may require shortening the driveshaft.

Daryl