The "R"

Subject: The "R"
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:43:12 -0400
Hi folks!
Well, the "R" now has over 1000 miles on the odometer, and is settling in
nicely.  We drove it to the ZROC get-together at the Mid-Ohio during the
Sprint Vintage Gran Prix, where it made its debut to the other members.  Got
to meet Eric Isaacson in person, and enjoyed the company of lots of other Z
and Roadster owners.  Had a great time, except for the temps that day - when
we rolled back into the Akron area, I saw a bank thermometer registering 101 -
and thats at about 80% humidity.  We were roasted.  The temp on the car eeked
up , but never got high enough to have me concerned.

This weekend I drove up to my dad's place in Jamestown, NY.  Normally a 2:45
drive by freeway, but I took an overland route through rural OH and PA.  5
hours of twisty roads with pleasant temps in the mid-70's.  Saw some hot air
balloons, got waves from lots of folks along the way, and didn't cuss once at
the detour of PA77 that took us around some REALLY twisty pasture roads.
Sure, some of the dips and chuck holes made me wince, but the high entry and
exit speeds made them bearable <G>

My dad is a member and past president of the Chataqua Antique car club, owns a
1933 Chrylser Model 66 roadster and a 73 450SL.  He asked me to bring the car
up for the show his club sponsors and so his cronies could see the
"abomination" I've been building.

Put some pics up of our cars together - knda neat to have three generations
together enjoying the ride.
http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/generations.htm

Mark Sedlack
ZROC