Dead temp & gas guages even after replacing the voltage

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dead temp & gas guages even after replacing the voltage
From: Simon Carson <simon.carson@videotron.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:42:13 -0400
List,

I know this has been covered before, but I don't recall the answer. I was
suffering through the floating temp & gas gauges syndrome and finally replaced
the voltage regulator. The temp gauge now maxes out at about 140 degrees and
the gas guage shoots up to 1/4 tank then drops dead. They don't fluctuate like
they used to and now just go dead after the car starts rolling. Any suggestions
as to where to look next?

On another note: does anyone have a speedo cable for a '69 1600?

Thanks,
Simon
'69 1600
Montreal, Canada