69 1600 restore it or wreck it...

To: "roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 69 1600 restore it or wreck it...
From: "Merlin" <merlin@datsunhistory.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:41:25 -0700
Hi all,

Some of you may know me from the Bluebirds or Early datsun lists....
My name is Merlin and my website is www.datsunhistory.com.... which will
be upgraded soon... i promise!

anyhow...

I just bought a '69 1600 with a 67 parts car.  ... the 69 is in need of
a full resto, but it does run...  I'm near Kamloops BC Canada.

Honestly having read up on some pricing for parts, I'm half thinking of
dropping a KA24e into it and resto rodding it...  newer mechanicals, older
appearance....

what are the standard upgrades for things like brakes and other mechancials?
Whats out there for resto parts?  Whos good to deal with and who should
I stay away from?

Merlin

Merlin Blackwell
Blackwell Park Operations Ltd.