Fw: 69 1600 restore it or wreck it...

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: 69 1600 restore it or wreck it...
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:49:50 -0700
 Well, I am doing something completely different BUT, IF I were to do
another
 car it would be with a KA24de.
 More power, more reliable power & torque in a reasonably efficent package
 that is reasonably priced and oil leak free. And it has an excellent
 transmission with a tall overdrive (0.759:1).
there have been enough swaps now that information should be getting easier
 to obtain and give you an idea about the best way to do the swap.
 With an aftermarket ECU, such as Megasquirt or SDS you can eliminate the
 MAF, gain a bit of power, and make the installation a little easier.

 The KA24e (12 valve) is still a reasonable motor (probably easier to find
 and cheaper), but the KA24de (16 valve) gives you almost 20 extra horsepwer
 out of the box.

 Your choice of course, I think you would be very happy with the performance
 of either motor.
 My $0.02
 Daryl
 '66 1600, R16 based "Frankenstein" car.