Trunk Gaskets and Roadster sighting!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Trunk Gaskets and Roadster sighting!!
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:57:31 -0400
I got the digest version of the list last night that had the posts about the
trunk gaskets.  I have not seen the ones from Gerardo, so I cannot comment
on those.  The ones from Nissan tend to be rather stiff when new, so the
trunk lid can be a bear to close for a while.  I had seen the advertisements
from Stan in which he indicated that his gaskets were far superior to the
OEM pieces, so I ordered a pair of them.  (this has been a couple of years
or so ago - his product may have changed in the interim, so take this info
with a grain of salt.)  In the order, I also bought a bunch of other stuff
(shift plate emblem, trunk carpet, owner's manual for a single carb 1500,
etc.) and I was happy with everything - except those trunk gaskets.  They
were easily 40 percent narrower than the profile of the OEM pieces.  In
looking at them, they are a universal gasket that has been miter cut and
glued.  The cutting and glueing is fine, but the narrow width of the gaskets
was a big disappointment.  I never said anything to Stan about them as I
realized that I should have asked if they were the EXACT same dimensions as
the OEM pieces before I bought them.  I made a mistake and I sucked it up.
As I recall, I paid more than his current asking price as well.  If someone
wants one of those gaskets, I will happily sell it to you for $25 plus
shipping.  I am sure that you can make them work fine (they are self
adhesive which is nice - no fighting with the gasket adhesive), but I am not
going to use them.  I will either buy some of the universal stuff that is a
wider profile and make my own to use, or I will buy something that is OEM or
the same dimensions as OEM...

As far as Roadsters go, I saw one today!!  It was a red high windshield car
with BIG flares.  It has a tan top, and gold and silver
Minilight/Panasport/Western/Enkei style wheels that are WIDE.  It was seen
in a warehouse parking lot off of SR 16 outside of St. Augustine, Florida.
Is that anyone on the list?  You don't get to see many Roadsters here, so it
was pretty cool to spot one!

Sidney Raper
1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html