Re: 67-1600 Brake Switch

To: "Stan Chernoff" <az589@lafn.org>, "Mike H."
Subject: Re: 67-1600 Brake Switch
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:35:42 -0400
Stan,
Thanks for pointing out the difference!  Mike, I retract my suggestion - the
two ARE different enough that you wouldn't want to use the 1/8 NPT switch
with the stock "T".

On the "R", I replaced the entire hydraulic system, including switch and the
"T" it threads into, so I didn't notice the difference.  The brass "T" I
used was 1/8NPT for the new switch, with female inverted flare in and out.

If a stock replacement switch proves difficult to find, or too pricey,
Summit, Pegasus, or any chain auto parts store will stock a "T" as described
above for a few bucks, which can be installed in place of the original and
allow the use of the 1/8 NPT switch.

Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH