Re: cam mounting help

To: toolmansj@sbcglobal.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cam mounting help
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 09:22:46 EDT
The cam towers are line bored at the factory after they are installed on  the
head. When you have the head milled you have to mill both sides to make sure
the tower pads are still in the same plane.If you have new towers you may
need  to get them re bored or do some careful shimming to get them in line. The
answer  to the question is that you should be able to turn the cam without the
followers  in place. To install the cam towers put the cam through them and
tighten just a  little at a time, turning the cam as you go. If it binds up you
are bending the  cam and it will break sooner or later.

keith

In a message dated 10/1/2005 2:06:50 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,