retaining shims

To: "'datsun-roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: retaining shims
From: Greg Chirpich <sportstergreg@everestkc.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 07:53:10 -0700
I must have screwed something up as I lost three of the four retaining
shims on my right rear brake.  Luckily, I still have the spring shim.
As the three I lost are flat, can I just make copies of the three flats
shims?  ( I didn't see a vendor selling shims in a quick search.)  Any
particular metal to use?  I haven't put a magnet to the right side
shims yet but as light and soft as they are, I am guessing they are
some type of aluminum.  Thanks in advance.

Greg
69 2000
Overland Park, KS