RE: retaining shims

To: "'Greg Chirpich'" <sportstergreg@everestkc.net>,
Subject: RE: retaining shims
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 09:52:41 +0930
 Greg,
the rear brakes on a P510 use similar shims.
Just note the order of installation and they will work just fine.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310
1971 P510
1972 PL510
1973 HS30
1993 ECR33 GTS25t
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide
South Australia.

I must have screwed something up as I lost three of the four retaining shims
on my right rear brake.  Luckily, I still have the spring shim.
As the three I lost are flat, can I just make copies of the three flats
shims?  ( I didn't see a vendor selling shims in a quick search.)  Any
particular metal to use?  I haven't put a magnet to the right side shims yet
but as light and soft as they are, I am guessing they are some type of
aluminum.  Thanks in advance.

Greg
69 2000
Overland Park, KS