1500 clutch question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 clutch question
From: JOHNSOF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:47:41 EDT
All;
the clutch pressure plate assembly for the 1500 differs from later models in
having three "release levers" rather than fingers.  The height of these levers
is adjustable - and of course takes a special tool to set the height.

Can anyone tell me the settings for the release lever adjusting screws ("eye
bolts") or height settings for the levers?  (clutch mounted to flywheel would
be best!)  If not, can someone tell me the dimensions of the "Release Lever
Height Indicator" tool so that I can have one made?

Wasn't the best experience of my life, to reinstall the engine, start it up,
push in the clutch, put it in gear, and then release the clutch and have the
car not move....

Thanks,
Fred J.
'64 1500