Separating trans extension?

To: Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Separating trans extension?
From: "John E. Stromgren" <lutepisk@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:15:24 -0400
Hello, All.

How do you separate the rear extension of the transmission from the main
part?

The transmission is on the garage floor.  I removed the eight bolts
holding the rear extension to the body of the transmission, and I took
off the castellated nut on the rear flange, as well as the pin holding
the fork lever to the shifting rod.  But then what?  I can separate the
two sections only about 3/8 inch, and I'm afraid there's something else
holding them together that I haven't removed yet.

Any tips?

John
1970 SRL311-14061
Portsmouth, NH