RE: Power problems

To: "'Stan'" <stathy@shaw.ca>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Power problems
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:42:54 +1030
 Hi Stan,
sounds a wee bit like an ignition problem I once had.
Check point gap, dwell and vacuum advance mechanism.
That is of course if you are still running points!
My workshop years ago fitted a new set of ign points to my P510 and
neglected to set them correctly, car really protested when accelerating
hard.
Regards, from sunny South Australia,
Graemes S.

Once again I am asking the group for their advice on a newbish problem of
mine.
I seem to be having problems with my engine when it's under load.  It starts
up with no problem and revs very smoothly to high rpm's.  The problem is as
soon as I put it in gear and put it under load, it starts coughing and
hacking like an old lady choking on a soup cracker.  It moves ok when it is
in gear at low RPM's, the problem begins when I hit the pedal.
My compressure check turns up good.  It doesnt burn oil.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can start to diagnose this
problem?
Thanks so much in advance!

Stan
1969- 1600