RE: question on testing voltage regulator

To: <mtbdavid2@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: question on testing voltage regulator
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:23:35 -0800
David,

With the engine running put a voltmeter across the battery.  If all is
working well you should see a voltage reading between 13.6 - 14.6 volts.  I
like to see over 14 volts.  You should also be seeing your dash Amp meter
showing a positive charge.

Make sure the wiring harness is not corroded between the wires and the
connector pins.  An open field lead can keep your alternator from charging
the battery.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland