Re: Power Loss

To: "Brucciani, Chris" <CBrucciani@archinsurance.com>
Subject: Re: Power Loss
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:53:21 -0800
> I am stumped.  Pinky - a 1968 2000 was running great a couple of weeks
> ago, and now the exact opposite.  She will start and idle great, but
> after a block or so she will lose all power.

I fully agree with Keith - fuel starvation. Most likely the main fuel
filter, try tossing in a brand new one. It could also be crud on the
little brass screens inside the carbs themselves (under the banjo
bolts), or a kink or obstruction in the fuel line or fuel inlet in the
tank.

Could be an air leak as well. Make sure all the hose clamps are
tight ion the inlet side of the pump. I once had a hairline crack in
the metal fuel line strapped along the frame, it didn't leak fuel but
it let the pump draw air.

Did I already mention replacing the main fuel filter?

-- John