Re: Vin #

To: "Marcus A. Pryor" <banshee16@starband.net>,
Subject: Re: Vin #
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 05:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, and you should notice some strange things about
it that you will not see on most other '68's.  Yours
probably still has the glass fuel filter that was soon
replaced by the plastic in-line type fuel filter early
in '68.  They made several changes early in '68 after
they started the run.  Just interesting Datsun stuff.
I have SRL 01278, so I should know...

My early 1600 has the 1500 valve cover with the vent
hose running from the oil filler tower rather than
from the rear of the valve cover.  The only 1600 I've
seen like that...Funny how they made changes at
random...

Mike Harper
'66 1600 SPL 1291
'68 2000 SRL 1278