Why I bought my roadster.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Why I bought my roadster.
From: "Marcus A. Pryor" <banshee16@starband.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 21:21:24 -0700 (PDT)
In 1967, I was about to graduate from the U.S Army Artillery OCS at Ft.
Sill, Oklahoma. One Saturday, I and a couple of friends visited the Datsun
dealer in Lawton. I ended up buying a 1600 roadster. It was a kind of
rose/silver color with a black top and interior.

I loved that little car, and I am sure I would still own it if my then
wife hadn't hated it (she was pregnant at the time).

I have wanted one ever since. As I have gotten older, I now have different
goals for it, however. I am an avid drag racer and would love to try my
hand at autocrossing. The car will see little street use (I live on a
rough dirt road, so driving it much is out of the question). In addition,
my wife used to work for Bob Bondurant in the late 60s when they got in
some roadsters and 510s. She will probably be the primary pilot.

Her present ride is a 9 second Olds Cutlass, with which she has won lots
of races and drag racing championships

Marcus A. Pryor
For a new age of reason