Re: Why I bought my roadster.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why I bought my roadster.
From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 06:58:42 -0400
Didn't we all start this way, or something quite like it?

Got interested in sports car racing when ABC first broadcast via
satellite the 1965 Le Mans 24 Hours (in grainy black & white).  Ford
GT40, Chaparral and Howmet Turbine Car were particularly interesting.

Later saw the Sharp, Fitzgerald, Manzolini, Lorenzutti, the occasional
Canadian car and numerous club racers at Bryar (now "NHIS"), Thompson,
Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Mosport, St. Jovite; was instantly hooked on
the Roadster.

Auto-x'd the car at the old (GSW) Amon Carter Field when I was living in
Texas in the late 1970's/early 1980's.

- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex