top frame woes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: top frame woes
From: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 04:55:48 -0700 (PDT)
I just broke my beautiful newly refinished by Les C. conv top frame, I forgot
to undo the top frame bar that is held by the snapped cloth fitting .  After I
get it welded back I am wondering if anyone has an opinion: is it best to take
the top completely off or is folding it completely safe provided the owner
engages brain before folding.  It's like one can't tell if the frame is going
to break until it's too late, it's 40 years old and quite thin in places.

  This morning (looking for a top frame welder) I stumbled on a Morgan dealer,
almost within walking distance of my home, I just went in and learned that
copies of 69 Camaros are being fabricated overseas and assembled here.  Check
out www.americanv8.com.

  James Eric Hoffman