Re: Carburetion.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carburetion.
From: "Marcus A. Pryor" <banshee16@starband.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:15:10 -0700 (PDT)
I chose the 40mm carbs for the following reason. It involves what happens
with a large overlap cam. It is critical to keep the velocity of the air
stack up to avoid reversion as the exhaust valve opens. Smaller venturis
help.

It's not that the 40s are really THAT small. They will take up to 36 mm
venturis, which probably equates to something like 350 CFM each. That is
about 700 CFM for a 2 liter engine!

Marcus A. Pryor
For a new age of reason