Help - Headlights Not Working

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Help - Headlights Not Working
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 17:27:53 -0600
Trying to get my mostly restored 68 roadster on the road.  Headlight switch
does not seem to be working.  I can cross the red and red/yellow wires at
the headlight switch and the lights go on.  My switch ID is as follows:
TYPED (or is that TYPE "D") JAPAN  Y8.11.  Can anyone verify that this is
the correct switch?  We tried to see if there were two contacts (solder
points) on the switch that would help us determine if I had the wires are
set to the correct slots on the harness connector.  Could only find one.
Shouldn't there be one position for the park lights and then a second
position for all lights on?  I also noticed that the switch turns sideways.
Is this to turn on an interior light?

The wiring diagram I am using shows a passing light relay.  I was am told it
does not exist but I have the wires in my harness.  I rebuilt my 68 w/ a
used harness from a 69.  My 68 harness was trashed.  I think the 68 & 69
harnesses are "mostly" the same.  Side marker lights are different.  My
roadster did not have the headlamp relay so I purchased a recommended modern
Nissan replacement from a vendor.  I hope it is hooked up correctly.  Can
someone help on this item?  Larry.