Re: Help - Headlights Not Working

To: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Help - Headlights Not Working
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:06:43 -0500
Larry,

I'm familiar with the 67.5's, so I don't know specifically about the 68
switch.  From the wiring diagram it looks like your headlight switch
will have 5 terminals on it. Since you say that the switch turns, which
I think is the fog lights, I assume that there are 3 other positions
where the switch pulls out.

There is one thing that is different in the way the lights work in
comparison to most other cars. When you pull the switch out 1 position,
the parking lights and tail lights come on. Pull it out to headlights
and the parking lights go off. The headlights come on and the tail
lights stay on.

In looking at the wiring diagram at www.311s.org:
Switch off - no connection among any contacts
1st position (parking) -  GL, R and GW wires will be connected to each other
2nd position (head lights) - RY, R and GW wires will be connected to
each other.
Switch turned (fog lights) - R to RG.

Oh, by the way, if there are numbers printed next to the switch
connections, they should be:
1 - RY
2 - GL
3 - R
4 - GW
5 - RG

Check that out and see if your switch can be connected like this.

Good luck,

Peace,
Pat

--
-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --