Got Dish?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Got Dish?
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 19:40:42 -0700
Some of you know that I've developed a new vice, buying wheel sets for
my roadster. Being that today is the summer solstice, I guess a new
style for the summer season is in order.

This set was made by Speed Star of Japan in the mid 80's, branded as
Longchamp XR4. They were not imported to the US until they were
re-introduced by Suska Brain 5 years ago. Even those are no longer
available. This set is the original Speed Star, circa 1985.

I know that last year I was throwing around offset specs as if I knew
what I was talking about. Well, My specs were in error. I came to this
once I came to the realization that the object was to fit the TIRE
within the fenders and NOT the wheel. In other words, the actual
difference between a 195/60 tire on a 6'' rim, and the same tire on a
6.5'' rim is only 3mm on each side, at the widest point of the sidewall
bulge. This opened the range of what would fit greatly.

Even by my most conservative estimates, I really wasn't sure these would
work, until my test drive an hour ago. Much to my happiness, there is no
rub. I still don't quite believe that, and you might doubt it too, once
you've seen how the fill the fenders.

I bought these from my car show buddy, Arnell for $400.00. I spent
another $580 for straightening, de anodizing and polishing. Thanks to
the wheelsmiths at Pico Wheel Service, they are now perfected.

http://images17.fotki.com/v326/photos/4/42214/3400541/Longchamps-vi.jpg

http://images17.fotki.com/v325/photos/4/42214/3400541/Longchampclose-vi.
jpg

http://images17.fotki.com/v9/photos/4/42214/3400541/gotdish-vi.jpg