electric problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, drone@drone-club.com
Subject: electric problem
From: "Dana Scribner" <dscrib2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:02:45 -0400
I need some help, in more ways than one. I did an engine swap and everything
went fine except the battery is not changing. I have swapped out alternators
and regulators and I get the same reading at the battery 12.15V. I get 13.5
v at the alternator and the same at the white wire going into the regulator.
I have pulled all the fuses and it make no difference. I have cleaned all
the grounds around the engine and the connectors to the starter, alternator
and regulator. Now before I start with all the connections in the car is
there a way to narrow down where the problem might be? Like maybe disconnect
a harness and see if that makes a difference. If so what harness? Does
anyone have a suggestion?

Dana S

1969 2000