Re: Brake Theory Web Page?

To: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>,
Subject: Re: Brake Theory Web Page?
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 00:03:58 +0000
Daniel,
I'm starting a similar excercise with the race car (non- Datsun)

The SHORT version is that you want 60- 70% of the braking force in front.

Slightly longer is that you want some adjustability.

Much more difficult is the difference between shoes and discs, swept area, unit
pressures, and coefficients of friction.

So far I've found almost NO hard data on the web, and few of the books on
'brake systems' give any sort of How- To.

The most useful so far has been Tilton- their site will get you started, and
by reputation- not experience, yet- they will help you set up a system... if
you use some parts from them, of course!

Personally, I wanted to try their remote- mount adjustable bias setup- and
that's as far as I've gotten!

I'll post more as I dig into it- and please, if you (or anyone out there) finds
stuff,  please post!

Thanks,
Toby

From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>