Re: OT: PL411 w/ L20 tranny question

To: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: OT: PL411 w/ L20 tranny question
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 22:40:40 -0500
Pete,
Probably a engine/tranny swap  they were originally fitted with the
J13 motor and a 4 speed or optional Borg-warner automatic.  The J
series is a licensed BMC design , it seems to me it would be a lot of
trouble to retrofit an older, less plentiful tranny to an L-series
motor, but stranger things have happened.  There was also an SSS
version with an R-16 mill.  The 1600 motor was a tight fit, the
exhaust was ducted into the wheel well, so I'm curious about how they
shoehorned an L-series into the thing.
-Marc