OT (sort of): PL411 clutch problems

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT (sort of): PL411 clutch problems
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 18:16:00 -0700
Newly acquired PL411 w/ a L20...still learning what I have. <g>

Clutch pedal feels like there's no resistance.

- Checked the clutch m/c and slave and lines: all dry.
- Crawled underneath and had helper work the pedal: slave appears to be
disengaging clutch.
- Won't shift into reverse when cold. Have to shift into reverse and then
start the engine.
- First and second not much better.
- Once car is extremely warmed up and driven a bit, clutch works a bit
better, but still no pedal resistance.
- Even working, it's engaging almost immediately when I start to ease off
the clutch pedal.

Other than flushing the system with fresh brake fluid, what other steps
should I consider?

Thanks.

                        `  ___  '
Pete                   -  (O o)  -