restoration costs, hurldes, etc

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: restoration costs, hurldes, etc
From: <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 16:34:08 -0700
HI all. Sorry in advance for the "verboseness" of this posting....

I am getting ready to have my Dad's (now mine) roadster restored. I would love
to do it my self, but don't have the knowledge.

What I wondering is what any of you has paid to have this done and how long it
took. Please let me know if you did a restore or a refresh, what is cost, if
you supplied any parts to the ARTIST(and who they are)  who did the work, where
you had the work done, anything I should look for and/or watch out for,  and
any other suggestions you have for me.

There are a few restoration places in this area.........      :-(
I have experienced what I am calling "my car is too low end for these bloody
snobs". I actually had one guy say he is used to doing "higher end cars". I am
really hoping to find some one within a four to six hour radius to get this
done. Yes, I will haul her if it would be worth it!

Since I now have two (grin); one to play with and one to restore and honor, I
am looking/wondering at my options:

Do I do a proper restoration of my Dad's and make it a show/trailer queen (hate
to waste her like that), refresh and TOTALLY enjoy one/both/ or the other one,
or what?

reply to the list...no worries one way or the other!

Any way...winter is coming here and I would like to try to figure out my
optioins and get her committed to the shop before first frost or at least
before first freeze.

Thanks all!!!

Tim
Belleville. WI.
SPL311-27935
(Dad's, now mine) '70 1600 ( a restoration project)
SRL311-13825
Couldn't help myself