RE: restoration costs, hurdles, etc

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: restoration costs, hurdles, etc
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:28:29 -0400
Previously written: The next issue of Sports Car Market will have an article
by Mike Sheehan about the pitfalls of letting an inexperienced shop take on
a restoration.  Check it out.  Good luck.

I think I may have gotten lucky. I was recently "adopted" by a member of
Scenic City Miatas". I was told about a shop in Soddy Daisy, TN, called
Rivergate Restoration Products. They specialize in bugeyes, Midgets, MGB
five speed conversions. However, I was told that many of the guys from
Scenic City take their cars there. As a side note, one of the owners
includes Bill Perry, Regional Executive of the Chattanooga Region, SCCA.

I have this week off, so I'll make the 6 mile drive over there (on my way to
Nashville) to see their shop and meet the folks. (I've been told that if
they're a good shop, it won't matter that I'm "currently" broke).
Relationships matter. This is the south, so I don't think that'll be an
issue! LOL!

Matt Smith
And Loreli (she's a 70' Silver Solex)