she's alive!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: she's alive!
From: "Paul" <heyace@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:37:06 -0700
She's alive!!!

Some of you know I have been doing a frame of restoration on car # 428 for
about the last 2 1/2 years and well... I started her up today!  Yeah!  I was a
little worried because the motor was rebuilt about 8 years ago.  But she fired
up. Even with no muffler she SANG! and after a few minor adjustments purred
like a kitten.
Now I have a bunch of misc, kinks to work out.  I had a freeze plug that
leaked. My (new) fuel pump did not work well( I hooked up an elect pump just
to get her started). It might be the pick up at the tank because it ran out of
gas with about  2 gallons of gas in the tank( which I had boiled and
re-lined).  My oil pressure sender did not work, nor did my fuel gauge.  (even
when I grounded it, out it only registered 1/2 full) and my ignition switch
start started smoking so I had to hot wire her.
 But She ran!!!   :)

I hope to have all the bugs worked out for the all Japanese car show next
month so some of you can see her.

Sorry for the bandwidth... I was just so excited and had to share the news!

Paul(heyace)Gabriel
69 silver solex
"the new" 67.5 red rocket.