RE: Over seas purchase and shipping

To: <tminerpcav@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Over seas purchase and shipping
From: "Marknsuz" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 17:01:09 -0700
<<I'm looking into purchasing a car from New Zealand and I was wondering if
you or anyone else here on the list has ever imported/exported a car (in this
case form Australia/New Zealand to Southern California).

Does anyone have advise. Any ideas regarding costs?

Thanks.

Tim Miner

One thing to be careful of is that you can get it to clear customs in CA.
Some Belgian acquaintances paid for a US vacation by bringing in 4 2CVs (they
cost them about $200 there and sell as rare toys here).  They shipped two to
NY (then drove them cross country - nuts!)  and two to CA.  They got the ones
in NY easily and sold them after their road trip but were never able to get
the two out of CA.  Safety standards, etc.  It may not always be like that,
but be warned.

Mark Miller
69 RHD Fairlady 2000 that came in to Travis AFB, CA from Japan on a military
transport as 'luggage'