Ball Joint Venture current update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Ball Joint Venture current update
From: ljordan704@netscape.net
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:00:48 -0400
  To all ball joint buyers,

 To update you, the order for the lower ball joint group buy is now placed!
 I waited as long as possible for all buyer checks until it was time to go
ahead. If I can add some orders I will try to do so, but for now we are
focusing on the next step.
 Next step will be a blueprint of the part for inspection and a dimensional
sample for a test fit. In order to be sure of the dimensions of the part it is
customary for the manufacturer, Rareparts, to provide a dimensional sample ball
joint to test fit, so that we can make sure the bolt holes line up, grease
zerks align properly, clearances exist where they should, etc. This will be for
fit only not driving as the second sample will be used for that test in the
second phase of the program.
 We will need some help from the SoCal owners for this first phase.
 We will preferably need a dissassembled Roadster to test fit this dimensional
ball joint sample. Also, a volunteer group of buyers/owners to help with the
work would be helpful. A pro mechanic should check the fit also and we are
working on that.
 Please send me a private email message if you can assist and I will arrange a
mutually acceptable time that we can meet. There is adequate time for this step
but it should be done as soon as the sample arrives in order to move the
project along on a timely basis.

 You can email me privately if you can offer assistance.

 Thanks ,
 Linda

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading spam
and email virus protection.