VG30 info

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: VG30 info
From: <garytew@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 17:50:16 -0400
Just wanted to update the progress (or lack of) on my Roadster.  The body went
to the paint shop in Dec.  A friend of mine runs a small shop in Glendale, AZ.
They went over the body and fine tuned a couple of spots but overall, he said
my bodywork looked real good.  Since this is a "when time allows" paint job,
the car has been sitting alot.  I took some pics of it last weekend but it
looks basically the same as when he first took it.  He plans on shooting a
guide coat "soon" and said he'd put me to work wetsanding it before the final
priming.  On another note, I had my VG30 intake plenum gutted and topped off
with a flat aluminum top.  There are several guys doing this mod for these
motors on the net.  I plan on polishing it up nice.  I'll try to get pics of
it on the website soon as well.  Also, I have a newly chromed front bumper
with bumper guards being shipped from the chromer.  I plan on listing it in
Ebay soon and the reserve will be my cost, once I figure that out.  Probably
in the mid 3s.  The Solvang pics looked awesome.  Hope a good time was had by
all.

Gary Tew
'67 1600
Phoenix, AZ