RE: Tube framed SRL with Supercharged KA Update

To: "'Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tube framed SRL with Supercharged KA Update
From: "andy cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:13:46 -0500
It was actually running pretty rich.  The wideband showed in the 9-10 range.
I am working on getting it leaned out a bit.  I also am working on degreeing
the cams for less overlap.  With a lot of overlap you end up blowing the
mixture right out the exhaust valve and burning it in the exhaust pipe.  NA
motors like overlap.  Boosted motors don't.

All that happened is that a little water started to weep out the side.  I
think that the motor was old and had been rebuilt poorly in the past.  They
have torque to yield head bolts that shouldn't be reused.  When I took the
head off I found that the motor was .020 overbore already.  I suspect that
the previous owner reused the head bolts.  There was no loss of compression
or mixing oil with water.  It really was a fortunate break.