Re: Headlight Upgrade

To: Daryl Smith <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Subject: Re: Headlight Upgrade
From: Jim Anable <jim@seattle-attorney.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 22:23:49 -0700
Daryl Smith wrote:

>Looking to upgrade my headlights with everything else, and having trouble
>finding the lights....
>
>The "H6024D" doesn't seem to cross to anything anymore.....
>
>I have found a Hella '70477' and a '70472' by serching on the internet, and
>the local parts house has a '70472' -includes lamp unit, bulbs and silicone
>dust covers.
>
>I think the 70477 is the newer better version, but I can't find it here in
>Vancouver.
>
>Anybody do the 'Hella' upgrade lately? Other brand?

I had a nice set of Cibie lights on mine, but the silver eventually
flaked off.  Since they are no longer made, I shopped around and ended
up going with a rather inexpensive "Autopal" "autolite India" housing
from a guy on ebay.  They aren't half bad, at a fraction of the cost.  A
quick search fails to find any current offerings on ebay.

>Will have to do a wiring upgrade/relays as well.......the never ending project
>car.....

I also did that.  Relays with the business side wired (with fuses)
direct to the battery with heavy gauge.  It does make a difference.  You
can see it on a volt meter and with your eyes.