RE: Rechroming

To: "'Chris & Christy Breyer'" <fairlady66@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Rechroming
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 09:24:14 +0930
"I need to do some minor repair work on my bumpers, any good ideas for
rechroming? I have read of some do-it-yourself kits. any feed back on this
or resources?
Chris"

Hi Chris,
an alternative to chroming, [which can be very expensive nowadays] is to get
the parts plated with NiCo, Nickle Cobalt.
This is a one step process as distinct from the traditional 3 step or triple
plate chroming.
In Oz, see Plate & Paint for availablity of DIY kits.
http://www.eplate.com.au/
In the States, see Caswell Plating for availability of DIY kits.
http://www.caswellplating.com/
What a coincidence, Caswell have a special on Triple Plate Chroming DIY kits
as we speak!
Unfortunately, long items like bumpers can be difficult for the DIYer but
I'm told it can be done.
Be aware, you will need to do a LOT of preparatory work on the items or the
job will not be good quality.

5:26 PM