Phoenix (and everyone else) Roadster Question!

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Phoenix (and everyone else) Roadster Question!
From: Matthew Cox <oscilloscope500@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:02:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone in the Phoenix area!

I've been saving money and am ready to do a paint job
on my Roadster. Does anybody have any recommendations
for a local paint shop? I want a good deep silver
color.

I'm budgeting about $2,000 so that I am sure to have
money for the interior and rims. I'm hoping that this
amount will cover stripping of the old paint down to
metal, fixing of a couple of tiny dents and all the
steps up to a full repaint. Am I way out of line with
my budget? Should this cost more? I had thought of
doing a lot of the body prep and stuff myself, but I
have been thinking this for almost 2 years and it's
clear that I'm never going to get around to it. Just
too busy and I don't know what the heck I'm doing with
bodywork anyway.

Also, if anybody has any tips for what I should look
for in a shop, things I should make sure that I do to
the car, and any other due diligence I should take
care of I would really appreciate it. I just want this
to look real good!

More info: I'm not pulling the body off, but I have
pulled all of the trim and I will remove the
windshield, doors, trunk and hood. I was hoping to get
it painted with the engine in the car, but want to
remove the brake lines, battery, coil etc so that the
main part of the firewall and upper inner fenders can
get painted. Is this a good idea? The rest of the
engine bay is already primed in grey.

Thanks in advance for the tips!

Matthew in Phoenix
'67 1600

Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
Finder tool.