repop comp pans block needed

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: repop comp pans block needed
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 16:19:57 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Listers,

I am currently reproducing comp oil pans.  I want to make some minor changes to
them.  The original pans were very thin and easily bent or easy to get holes if
they hit something.  It is also fairly difficult to install the motor with a
comp pan because of the tight clearance around the cross member.  I'm
considering angling the front a bit to make installation easier.  I have sold
or given away all my U20 and R16 motors.  I need one to do a test fit with my
first prototype.  Does anybody in the Dallas area or nearby have a bad motor or
block that I can borrow or have?  All I really need is the, block, front and
rear main caps, front cover, and the oil pump.  To make this project feasable
I'll probably need to sell at least 10.  I was hoping a vendor would make a
bulk purchase.  The price is in the $750 range.  Not bad for brand new.

Thanks,

Andy Cost