Starter Info Needed

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Starter Info Needed
From: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 22:24:23 -0700 (PDT)
I'd like to follow up on what I found on the 311s site.
The gear reduction starter is the H20 23300-K9160,
correct? Are there different versions (i.e. different
physical dimensions or physical layout) of this motor?
For the people that have tried this swap, is it fatter
or longer or any fitment problem at all to be aware
of? I'm used to the 20 minute thru-the-wheelwell
swap; can that still be done with this starter?

I also found reference to a Nippondenso NE-202 that
the specs are pretty nice on (bearings not bushings etc)
but I have no idea about fitment issues. Perchance has
anyone tried one?

-- John
     John F Sandhoff sandhoff@csus.edu  Sacramento, CA