Grease gun frustration

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Grease gun frustration
From: "James Fogg" <James@jdfogg.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 07:36:53 -0400
Is it just me?
Is it a bad tool?

I have a hard time getting my (pneumatic) grease gun to prime when I
change cartridges. I have to take a wad of grease and cram it into the
pit where the pump piston lives, fill the remainder of the head and
swirl it all around to make sure I got all the air bubbles out. I then
mate the tube with the loaded cartridge so that the new grease meets the
grease I slobbered into the head without an air pocket and screw the
tube to the head. If I'm lucky, it'll prime.

Am I doing something wrong?

James -