RE: Roadster Weigh-in: V8 vs Stock! lb / hp factors

To: "Eric Hankinson" <eric.hankinson@railpros.com>,
Subject: RE: Roadster Weigh-in: V8 vs Stock! lb / hp factors
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:12:44 -0700
Let's not forget the other factor here.

being somewhat conservative, Eric has 225hp for his 2340 lbs.  I have
135 "quoted" hp and 2100 lbs.
(that 135 hp is not conservative, I believe it is commonly felt that
during these years the foreign manufacturers weren't quoting hp
"including accessories", ya know the minor ones, like an alternator and
possibly a water pump!)

that is 15.5 lbs/hp for me, and 10.4 for Eric.  so as long as you
haven't changed the balance too dramatically, and can get that pwr to
the pavement, (with the same degree of control) he is way ahead.

FergO