SU Needles

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Needles
From: Rick Stayner <ricksrl@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:40:10 -0700 (PDT)
I'm thinking I need to change the needles in my SU carbies. They were rebuilt
by Z therapy. Car bogs down from a dead stop, pulling up a hill,even after
reving up. Really have to baby the clutch.
  Blows black smoke when the throttle is hammered in fifth. Push it gently and
the car speeds up nicely.
  I am running a "B" cam, so the power curve has changed. Re-curved the dizzy
as well.
  Color-tune looks good at idle. Dwell @ factory specs. Fiddled with the
timing, but still no "sweet spot".
  At speed, it runs pretty good. Maybe I should just downshift to run up the
revs while passing(fifth to forth)?
  Any thoughts?
  No other 2000s around here in Cental Pa.

  Rick Stayner
  1969 2K
  Harrisburg, Pa

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.