Bucephalus update

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bucephalus update
From: "andy cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 21:01:08 -0500
I got a little done today.  I built some motor mounts and installed the
motor in the frame.  I had to notch the frame near the a-arms for clearance
on the supercharger pulley and the alternator.  I also had to notch the
frame on the x-member for the transmission.  The motor is sitting so low and
so far back that it required a little clearancing.  On the notches I just
cut along the corner of the frame rail and then pounded the lip over.  Then
I welded it back together.  It isn't the greatest looking but I'm not making
a show car.  The motor mounts are solid.  You can also see the panhard bar
that I made.  The car is flipped on it's side so that I could weld and paint
underneath.  I painted everything with a coat of red oxide and then with
Kabota tractor paint.  I should be able to put the body back on pretty soon.

The new photos start on page 15.
http://community.webshots.com/album/267887557HfboLz?start=168

Later,

Andy