Re: Starter/Ignition/Harness Gremlin

To: RWM <RWM@RWMann.com>
Subject: Re: Starter/Ignition/Harness Gremlin
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:37:16 -0500
Bob,

Could be that the starter drive/solenoid needs cleaning and
re-lubricating. If the grease in there is stiff/dirty it can hold the
solenoid armature too tight. I think you can get the solenoid off the
starter with the starter in the car, but it may not be easy. Another
thing to try is tapping the solenoid with a hammer to see if it knocks
the armature back.

I don't think there is a problem with the harness or ignition switch,
because if there was a short causing the starter to be turned on all the
time, the starter would be engaging the flywheel.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake RWM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001