removal technique, brake brace stud, Roadster Bar-B-Q

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, "ME-Work"
Subject: removal technique, brake brace stud, Roadster Bar-B-Q
From: "Fergus OFarrell" <fergus06@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:13:00 -0700
Sorry if I have asked this before, suffering from CRS again.
I bought a brake brace a long time back, and since I am in the process of
replacing my clutch master cyl, I should probably tackle this as well.

So my question:
Is the lower brake master cyl stud tack welded to the body, or is threaded in?
Is the suggested way to remove the brake master, then give the stud a
short-sharp-shot, or do I wire brush all the crud off the back and try to
screw it back out? (I think this requires removing the entire brake pedal assy
to get a straight shot at the bolt)
thanks for any help, Fergus O, 69 2000, HB, CA

from Mr Murphy's bar-b-q (which was great, thanks to Andrew and Shari) car
lineup, some interesting PO things seen.
Jim's 2000 had the trunk latch key parts completely removed, and a remote
cable latch set-up that was triggered from the driver seat.  neat idea someone
had.
Also, the PO had found a piece of Jeep rollbar padding, in tan to match his
interior, that fit the roadster hoop AND angular struts perfect, so that it
zipped on the bottom and could be removed for washing.  Pretty clever and I am
sure much cheaper than going to the upholsterers to have him sew one on.