Re: [Roadsters] Solvang dates?

To: <Keith0alan@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Solvang dates?
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:41:13 -0500
Wow Keith!
Are you thinking about hitting both? What a week that would be!!! Wish I
were rich so I could join ya! If you go, I know ALL the great stuff to do
and the best surfing spots in Santa Barbara. Yes, I "know how" to surf.
Haven't done it in several years, but it's just like riding a surf board.
Once you know how, you never forget! HAHAHAHA.
I've spent LOTS of time in SB over the last 40+ years. (Grandpa and I used
to fish Lake Cachuma. He was County Auditor of SB County. I spent all my
summers in SB, and I grew up in Ventura County).
Here's what I figured out:
FedEx of the car (from Atlanta to Santa Barbara) is about $2000.
Airfare (American Airlines Economy Super Saver ATL-SBA) $276
Gas cost in a roadster @ about 3.00 per gallon (20 MPG, I DO have a Solex
2000 after all) is approx $450 if you drive, plus food, hotel, about 40-50
hours road time, AUTO REPAIR, and down time costs while repairs are made!
Going to both... ABSOLUTELY F'n PRICELESS! (Can I stow away in your
suitcase?)

Guna be another year or two before Loreli can see the Pacific Ocean again.
(Her previous residence was South Laguna Beach, CA).
Matt

    Looks like Solvang and Road Atlanta might not be the same weekend.
Anyone know the dates for Solvang this year?

keith williams